Indrani M R
Qualification: M.A., B.Ed
Courses /Subject Taught: English Language and Optional English
Teaching & Research experience: 15 years
Research: Submitting thesis in June, 2017
Research Interest: Travelogue and Travel Narratives
Research and Publication: Research papers/ books/chapter contribution: State/National/International
Seminar/ conference paper presentation: Academic:
- “Strategies on teaching English Language at Undergraduate Level: An Evaluation” in MMK and SDM Mahila Maha Vidyalaya, Mysuru organized one day State Level Seminar on “Challenges of Teaching English at Undergraduate Level: An Appraisal on 31st January 2107.
- “Mystery of My Journey: A Memoir of Neil Peart’s The Masked Rider” in REVA University, Bengaluru organized two day International Conference on (His)tory, Her-story, and ‘other” Narratives: Revisions and Reinterpretations in Story- Telling” on 3rd and 4th February, 2017.
- ‘Exploring the Explorer in Afghanistan: A perspective of Dervla Murphy’s Full Tilt’ organized two-day International Conference ENGCONF2014 on “Postcolonial Voices in South Asian Literatures and Cinema” in Garden City College of Science and Management Studies, Bangalore held on 7th and 8th February 2014.
- “Peep into Reality: Wild Journey of Kira Salak into the Four Corners” at the National Seminar held at St. Philomena’s College, Bannimantap, Mysore on 23rd March,2013
- “Changing the Veils: Afghanistan Culture in Khalid Husseini’s A Thousand Splendid Suns” at SRN Adarsh College, Bangalore organized International Seminar on “Literature and English Language Teaching” on July 6, 2012
- Beyond the Borders: The growth of Political Consciousness in Cheguevara through a Reading of the Motor Cycle Diaries at International Seminar on English Literature- Changing Worlds: Reviewing and Reinventing Literature and Culture organized by the Post Graduate Department of English , Catholicate College, Pathanamthitta on 23rd January and 24th January 2012. ”
Seminar/conference workshop organized as coordinator/ organizer etc., (if any) Institutional/State/National/International
- Organized Nine International Peace Conference with different theme every year to commemorate Hiroshima and Nagasaki Day from 6th to 9th August since 2008 till date.
- Organized “Student Exchange Programme” for a team of 10 Students and Assistant Professors Prof. Femida Handy, School of Social Work, University of Pennysylvania, US on 11th March 2017
- Organized “ Walk With The Scholar” Student Exchange Programme for a team of 33 students and 6 Assistant Professors from MES First Grade College, Kottayum, Kerala on 8th February, 2017
- Organized two Indo Korean Cultural Exchange Programme and Indo Russian Cultural Exchange Programme in 2013, 2014 respectively.
- Co-rdinated two day International Conference on “ Higher Education, Cultures and Literatures: Canada and India” organized by the Center for Canadian Studies, Department of English, University of Mysore on 30th November and 1st December, 2013
- Chaired a Session in State Level, one day seminar on “Drama and Fiction” organized by St. Philomena’s College, Mysore on 29th March 2011.
Seminar/conference workshop/FDP attended by the faculty (other than paper presented)
- Ramakrishna Ashrama, Yadavgiri, Mysuru organized ‘Viveka Preranosthava”- on Swami Vivekananda in collaboration with University of Mysuru on 27th October, 2016.
- Teresian College in collaboration of The Post Graduate Department of English, Karnataka State Open University, Mysore had organized UGC sponsored Two-day National Level Seminar on Postcolonial Aesthetic Experience was held on 27th and 28th February 2015.
- Participated in “Texting the Canon” a workshop for teachers on undergraduate English text at DOS in English, UoM. and contributed teaching material on” Ballad of Landlord” of the text which was under preparation on 31st October and 1st November 2014.
- Attended one day National Level Workshop on Research Methodology in Mahajana First Grade College on 4th March 2014.
- Participated in two day International Symposium at Chennai on the “Brand Buildings and Innovative Methods for Students” on 24th and 25th February 2014.
- Attended two day International Conference on “ Higher Education, Cultures and Literatures: Canada and India” organized by the Center for Canadian Studies, Department of English, University of Mysore on 30th November and 1st December, 2013
- Attended one day National Level Workshop on ”Modern Trends in Research Methodology” organized by SBRR Mahajana First Grade College On 8th March, 2013
- Attended three days workshop on “Teaching Written and Spoken English” conducted by Center For Training Excellence, Bangalore from 19th to 21st October 2012
- Attended one day Seminar on “Shakespeare Festival” held on 25th February, 2012 organized by Department of English, St. Philomena’s college, Mysore
- One day workshop on “Grammar and the Teaching of Grammar “organized by SBRR Mahajana First Grade College on 16th February, 2012
- Participated in International Conference on the topic “Recent Trends in Literature: A Global Perspective” in Garden City College, Bangalore on 27th and 28th of January, 2012
- District level conference on Chaduranga- Nenapina Torana organized by Department of Kannada in association with Department of Kannada Culture, Mysore on September 30th 2011
- Two day International Seminar on ‘Holocaust Literature: Memories and Losses’ held on 23rd & 24th September, 2011 organized by Department of Studies in English, University of Mysore & PES College of Science, Arts & Commerce, Mandya.
- State Level Workshop on “Accreditation: New Methodology” sponsored by NAAC was organized by SBRR Mahajana First Grade College, Mysore.
- 13 Workshop on “Faculty Development Programme” organized by SBRR Mahajana First Grade College on 14th May, 2011.
- Bahuroopi-09, Gurudev-150 at National Theatre Festival- two day seminar on Gurudev Rabindranath Tagore on 6th to 9th March 2011.
- One day seminar on “Drama and Fiction” organized by St. Philomena’s College, Mysore on 29th March 2011.
- Workshop “Positive Thinking –Education Beyond Books” by RIIT, Hebbal, Mysore on 10th March, 2011.
Training or Consultancy Offered:
- Conducted Workshop on “The Art of Public Speaking”, in “Personality Development , Soft Skills and Job Skills, Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parisad , Mysuru from 17th to 19th February ,2017.
- Workshop on “English Language Enhancement Skill” at Government First Grade College, Siddhartha Nagar, Mysuru on 16th October, 2016.
- Workshop was conducted for graduated students of BA/BBM/B.Com streams on Communication English at Seva Bharathi First Grade College, Chamarajanagar on 12th February, 2014.
- Workshop was conducted for school teachers at Sri Paramahamsa Vidyaniketana, Hebbal, Mysore on Language Enhancement Skills on 4th October 2013.
- On Communicative Skills in Mathru bhoomi Computers, Bamboo Bazaar, Mysore for Under Graduate and Post Graduate Students 14th March, 2013.
Membership of professional bodies (if any)
- Member of Studies framing syllabus for NCC in Curriculum Development for University of Mysore since 2014 till date.
- Board of Examination, UGC Aided Community College on Advance Diploma in Musiology and Hospitality since October 2015 offered by University of Mysore.
- Question paper setter for Karnataka State Open University, Mysuru since 2011.
- Philomenas Autonomous College, Mysuru since 2012
Awards received (if any)
- Commissioned as Lieutenant, 1 Kar Arty Bty, NCC on 21st June, 2015
- Commandant’s Certificate of Merit Award in PRCN/95/SW at NCC Officer Training Academy, Gwalior for displaying Exceptional Talent in English Individual Presentation and Exceptional Talent in Cultural Activity held from 23rd March to 21st June 2015.
- Won silver medal in ‘B’ Grade Karnataka State Level Yoga Siri Prabodha Patra Examination held on 27th April 2014 organized by Government of India, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
- Best School Teacher Award from Vidhya Vardhaka Sangha Pandith Nehru Hogh School in 2006-2007
Career Enrichment Training Programs and Courses:
- Completed three months PRCN/95/SW, NCC Officer Training Course at Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh from 21st March to 21st June 2015 .
- Two days in the “Training of Life Skills and Personality Development” organized by Rajiv Gandhi National Institute of Youth Development and NCC held at Officers Training Academy, Gwalior on 19th May 2015.
- Commissioned as Lieutenant, Assistant NCC Officer, Artillery Unit on 23rd June, 2015.
- Completed B Grade in Karnataka State Level ‘Yoga Siri Prabhodha Patra Examination’ under the aegis of ‘Swami Vivekananda District Yoga Wellness Centre, Udupi and awarded with silver medal on 27th April 2014.
- Participated in deliberations at ‘Texting the Canon: A two day workshop for teachers on undergraduate English Text’ held at Department of Studies in English, Manasagangothri, Mysore on 31st October and 1st November 2014.
- Three-day workshop on Teaching Written and Spoken English offered by Centre for Training Excellence, Bangalore from 19th October 2012 to 21st October 2012.
- Completed Ph.D course work for three months from April to June 2012 in Department of Studies, Manasagangothri, Mysore.
- Faculty Development Programme (Total Quality Management) TQM organized by SBRR Mahajana First Grade College Mysore on 14th
Extension and Outreach
- Delivered a Special Lecture on ‘Prayer for my Daughter – W B Yeats’ for First year BA and B.Sc Students at MMK & SDM Mahila Mahavidyalaya, Mysuru on 7th April, 2017.
- Delivered a Special Lecture on ‘ Design of the Divine Creator’ – Robert Frost for First Year B.Com and BBA Students at Hindustan First Grade College, Mysuru on 1st March 2017.
- Delivered a Special Lecture on ‘Poetry Made Easy’ at MMK & SDM Mahila Mahavidyalaya, Mysuru on 23rd October, 2016.
- Invited as the Resource Person to speak on “Effects of Atomic Bombing on Hiroshima and Nagasaki” , Photo Panel Exhibition on 14th March, 2014 at Devaraja Urs First Grade College, Hunsur and also delivered a Special Lecture on “ Communicative Skills”.
- Resource Person for the One Day Lecturing Programme organized by Seva Bharathi First Grade College 12th February 2014
- Delivered special lecture on Importance of Literature to final year B.A English Optional students at Seva Bharathi First Grade College, Chamarajanagar on 12th February, 2014
- Chief Guest for the Investiture Ceremony conducted by Terisian First Grade College, Siddartha layout, Mysore on 20th August 2013.
- Addressed Undergraduate students on Innovative Model of Student Parliament in college at Seva Bharathi First Grade College, Chamarajanagar on 29th September, 2013.
- Delivered special lecture to final year B.A English Optional students on Earnest Hemingway’s Old Man and The Sea at Seva Bharathi First Grade College, Chamarajanagar on 29th September 2013.
- Delivered special lecture on Importance of Literature to final year B.A English Optional students at Seva Bharathi First Grade College, Chamarajanagar on 29th September, 2013.
- Invited as the Chief Guest at Saligrama First Grade College K. R Nagar on 21 August, 2012.
- Chaired a session in One day seminar on “Drama and Fiction” organized by St. Philomena’s College, Mysore on 29th March 2011.
Papers Presented Other than Subject:
- “Innovation in Education Reform” at Surana College, Bangaluru on 3rd September, 2015.
- “Student Teacher Partnership for Academic Innovation – a Case Study” at the 5th National IQAC Conference on New Paradigms in Academic Innovations at Kristu Jayanthi College on 8th and 9th May 2014.
- “Student development through ASIC “at National Seminar on “Higher Education Transformation in India, changing contexts and institutional responses” held on 28th and 29th April 2014 at Indian Academy Degree College, Bangalore
- Volunteered in Swatch Mysuru Dasara 2016 organised by Naren Foundation on 12th October 2016.
- Convener of Forum for Peace and Understanding, NCC 1 Kar Arty Bty, HRD III Soft Skill Trainer, Community College Museology and Hospitality fecilitator.
- National and International level student exchange programme co-ordinator.