Qualification: M.Phil, M.Com, Dip. CP, Qualified NET
Courses /Subject Taught: B.Com
Corporate Accounting, Cost Accounting, Management Accounting, Business Management, Financial Management, International Business and Management Accounting.
Teaching & Research experience: Teaching: 16 years
Research Interest: Human Resource Management & Entrepreneurship
Funded Research Project: ongoing Minor Research Project under UGC XII plan grants on the subject Entrepreneurship
Seminar/ conference paper presentation:
- International Conference on Contemporary Innovative Practices in Management on 13th and 14th April, 2012 at Faculty of Management Studies, Pacific Academy of Higher Education and Research University. Title: An Empirical Study on Innovative Practices in Management in selected SME’s in Mysore and Bangalore cities.
- National Conference on Issues and Challenges of Commerce and Management on 20th October, 2015 at St. Claret College, NAAC Accredited, Jalahalli, Bengaluru. Title: ‘Recent Trends in Finance: An Analysis of Gold Monetisation Scheme’.
Seminar/conference workshop organized as coordinator/ organizer etc., (if any)
- Coordinated activities of technical session and master of comparing at National Seminar on ‘Indian Economy in the WTO Era: The Challenges Ahead’ on 3rd and 4th October 2003 & National Seminar on ‘SME and Indian Economy: a Financial Perspective’ on 21st and 22nd September 2007, organised by the Department of Commerce at our college.
- Coordinated various events at National Level Commerce Fest ‘SAPIENCE-09’ on 16th and 17th Feb 2009, organized by Department of Commerce at our college.
- Organised State Level Seminar on e-Governance on 31st August 2010, at our college.
Seminar/conference workshop / FDP attended by the faculty (other than paper presented)
TRAINING PROGRAMMES ATTENDED:
- Undergone two months training in the month of June & July 1996 at Database and Information Centre, SJCE-STEP, Mysore.
- Attended two days training programme on “Effective Teaching” on 19th and 20th November 2004, organized by Collegiate Education, Government of Karnataka at Mysore.
- Participated in the Training Program for the “Global Skills Enhancement Program” from 26th June to 8th July 2006, conducted by Progeon at Infosys Leadership Institute, Mysore.
- Participated in three days Refresher Training Program for the “Global Sills Enhancement Curriculum” from 2nd November to 4th November 2007, held at Infosys Campus, Mysore.
- Participated in one day Faculty Development Programme on “Total Quality Management” on 14th May 2011, at SBRR Mahajana First Grade College, Mysore.
- Participated in three days training program “Feel Teacher” Learning and Development Intervention, conducted by CLHRD, AIM Insights, Mangalore from 16th to 18th March 2013, at Pooja Bhagavat Memorial Mahajana P.G. Centre, Mysore.
SEMINARS AND CONFERENCES ATTENDED
|01||3rd & 4th March 2000||All India Seminar on Commerce Education in the New Millennium||Department of Studies in Commerce, University of Mysore.|
|02||3rd & 4th October 2003||National Seminar on “Indian Economy in the WTO Era: The challenges ahead”.||Department of Commerce, SBRR Mahajana First Grade College, Mysore.|
|26th & 27th December 2003||National Seminar on Consumer Protection in India||Vidyavardhaka First Grade College, Mysore.|
|10th & 11th September 2004||National Seminar on Autonomy for Colleges : New Dimensions||SBRR Mahajan First Grade College, Mysore.|
|05||5th December 2004||Workshop on “Consumer Awarness : Public Interest Movement”.||Department of Commerce, SBRR Mahajana First Grade College, Mysore.|
|06||2nd & 3rd March 2005||State Level Workshop on Institutional Best Practices : Post Accreditation period||SBRR Mahajana First Grade College, Mysore.|
|07||29th August 2009||Work shop on Accreditation: New Methodology||SBRR Mahajana First Grade College, Mysore.|
|08||7th May 2010||International Colloquium on Talent Farming: The Emerging Global Higher Education Scenario||SBRR Mahajana First Grade College, Mysore.|
|09||17th & 18th February 2012||State Level Conference on “Achieving Organisational Excellence through Business Education-Issues and Challenges”||Federation of Teachers Councils of Commerce and Management in Karnataka.|
|10||25th March 2014||UGC-SAP Annual Conference on “Agri-Risk Management: Issues and Innovations”||Department of Studies in Commerce, University of Mysore, Mansagangothri, Mysore.|
|11||10th May 2014||Workshop on ‘Higher Education – UGC Interventions & Curriculum Development for co-curricular activities||SBRR Mahajana First Grade College, Mysore.|
|12||19th September 2014||State Level Seminar on “Changing Structure in Indian Commerce”||Department of Studies in Commerce, Pooja Bhagavat Memorial Mahajana Education Centre.|
|13||2nd & 3rd November 2015||Workshop relating to Syllabus Revision of B.Com Course||Vidyavardhaka First Grade College, Mysore, in association with BOS in Commerce, University of Mysore.|
Awards received (if any) Secured 8th Rank in Diploma in Commercial Practice, Department of Technical Examination, Karnataka.
Any other contribution by the faculty in academics / society
- I have regularly extended my services to University of Mysore by setting the B.Com examination question papers and evaluated them every semester.
- Editing ‘Capitol’ an in-house departmental news letter
- Being part of college committees such as admission committee, students’ attendance, college calendar, furniture, parents association, class-teacher concept, prize and memento, students’ admission, NAAC re- accreditation