Qualification: Ph.D submitted (To be awarded)
Courses /Subject Taught: Microbiology
Teaching experience: NIL
Research experience: 8 years
Research Interest: Microbial biotechnology,Genetic engineering, Cancer and ulcer biology
- Sindhu R, Pradeep H and Manonmani HK (2019). Polyethylene glycol acts as a mechanistic stabilizer of L-asparaginase: a computational probing. Medicinal chemistry, 15:1-9. doi: 10.2174/1573406415666190206232816.
- Sindhu R, Manonmani HK (2018). Expression and characterization of recombinant L -asparaginase from Pseudomonas fluorescens. Protein Expression and Purification, 143:83–91. doi: 10.1016/j.pep.2017.09.009.
- Sindhu R, Manonmani HK (2018). L-asparaginase induces intrinsic mitochondrial-mediated apoptosis in human gastric adenocarcinoma cells and impedes tumor progression. Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, 503(4):2393-2399. doi: 10.1016/J.BBRC.2018.06.167.
- Vismaya, Srikanta M. Belagihally, SindhuRajashekhar, Vinay B. Jayaram, Shylaja M. Dharmesh, and SindhuKanya C. Thirumakudalu (2010). Gastroprotective properties of Karanjin from Karanja (Pongamiapinnata) seeds: Role as antioxidant and H+, K+-ATPase inhibitor. Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, 2011, Article ID 747246, doi:10.1093/ecam/neq027.
SYMPOSIA/ CONFERENCE PRESENTATIONS
- Sindhu R, Shinde Vijay Sukhdeo and Manonmani HK. L-asparaginase attenuates N-Methyl-N-Nitrosourea induced gastric cancer in albino rats. Presented at IFCON 2018.
- Sindhu R, Pradeep H and Manonmani HK (2018) Polyethylene glycol acts as a mechanistic stabilizer of L-asparaginase: a computational probing. Presented at CCSS, 2018.
- Sindhu R, Manonmani HK. L-asparaginase inhibits cell proliferation and induces apoptosis in gastric cancer cells. Presented at SBC, 2016.
- Sindhu R, Manonmani HK. Expression and characterization of L-asparaginase from Pseudomonas putidaT10.Presented at IFCON 2013.
- R. Sindhu, K. Rathina Raj, K. Narasimha Murthy and T.C. SindhuKanya. Can Karanja Meal Possibly be a Feed? A study on Albino Rats, 77th annual SBC meeting held at IIT, Chennai, INDIA (December 2008).
- Vismaya, B. M. Srikanta, R. Sindhu, Shylaja. M. Dharmesh and T.C. SindhuKanya. Anti-
ulcer potential of karanjin: A furano-flavinoid from karanja seed oil, 77th annual SBC meeting held at IIT, Chennai, INDIA (December 2008).
WORKSHOPS AND TRAINING UNDERTAKEN
- 6 days intensive workshop at Animal house facility, CSIR-Central Food Technological Research Institute (CFTRI), Mysore entitled “In-House Training for Animal Experimenter” during October 2014.
- 2 days workshop on mammalian cell culture organized by CSIR- Central Food Technological Research Institute (CFTRI), Mysore during July 23-24, 2015.
- 10 days workshop on “Human Cell Culture Technology and its Applications in Cancer Research” organized by DST, Mysore during Nov 12-22, 2018.
- “Applications of microbial L-asparaginase towards cellular proliferations in vitro and in vivo” funded by DST.
Any other contribution by the faculty in academics and society
Member of seminar committee