Avinash V S
Courses /Subject Taught: BSc Biotechnology/ Biomolecules, Cellular Metabolism, Genetics, Molecular Biology and Genetic Engineering, Microbial Technology and Agricultural Biotechnology.
Teaching & Research experience: 8 years
Research Interest: Plant Biotechnology, Agricultural Biotechnology
Research and Publication: Research papers/ books/chapter contribution: State/National/International
Avinash, V.S, 2012. Application of Nestedness Pattern to Germination Studies on Maize Seeds. Abhinav journal. 1 (3): 01-09.
- Avinash, V.S. 2012. Effect of Tricyclazole on Growth and Metabolism of Zea mays. Nat. Env. Poll. Tech. 11 (2) : 335-338.
- Avinash, V.S. and Shankar P Hosmani. 2012. “Studies on the Germination and Metabolism of Sorghum seeds treated with Carbendazim” Global Research analysis 1 (5), 03-04
- Avinash, V.S. and Shankar.P.Hosmani. 2012. Effect of Carbendazim on Germination and Metabolism of Sorghum (Sorghum bicolor. L.). Paripex-Indian Journal of Research 1 (10), 12-14
- Vidhya Lakshmi, A and Avinash, V.S. 2013. “Stomatal Variations Among Certain Wild Angiospermic Plants of Mysore, India” International Journal of Scientific Research: 2 (10): 01-04.
- Vidhya Lakshmi, A and Avinash, V.S. 2014. “Physicochemical Parameters and Water Quality Indices of Certain Temple Tanks of Mysore, India” World Journal of Environmental Biosciences 3 (2), 88-96.
- Avinash, V.S. 2015. “Effect of Carbendazim on Biochemical Parameters of Sorghum bicolor” International Research Journal of Applied Sciences 2(2):41-45.
Funded Research Project: completed /ongoing
One Minor Research Project completed funded by UGC-CPE grants on “Effect of Pesticide on the Metabolism of certain crop plants”
One Minor Research Project ongoing funded by UGC on “Biochemical and Molecular changes in genetically modified sorghum cultivars treated with fungicide”
Seminar/conference workshop/FDP attended by the faculty(other than paper presented) State/National/International
- Attended a One day State Level Workshop on Accreditation: New Methodology sponsored by NAAC organized by SBRR Mahajana First Grade College, Mysore on 29/08/2009.
- Participated in a two day UGC Sponsored National Level Seminar on “Advanced Trends and Perspectives in Biotechnology” in SBRR Mahajana First Grade College, Mysore on 08th and 09th March 2010.
- Attended a One day State Level Seminar on “Ayurveda and Phytopharmaceuticals” in JSS College of Arts Commerce and Science on 21 Jan 2011.
- Attended a one day workshop on “Faculty Development programme” Organized by SBRR Mahajana First Grade College.
- Attended a one day National level Seminar on “Modern Trends in Research Methodologies” organized by SBRR Mahajana First Grade College, Mysore on 20th December 2011.
- Attended a One day State level Seminar on “Microorganisms as Biofuel: An alternative energy resource and its marketing” at Mandavya First Grade College, Mandya on 11th February 2012.
- Participated in the Three day’s Faculty Development Programme in the subject of Biotechnology from 15 to 17, February 2012, Organized by the Karnataka State Open University, Manasagangothri, Mysore jointly with Pooja Bhagavat Memorial Mahajana Education Centre- PG, Mysore.
- Participated in a Two day National Conference on “Emerging Trends in Ayurveda and Herbal Drug Technology” Organized by Teresian College in Association with Government Ayurveda Medical College, Mysore on 22nd and 23rd November 2012.
- Attended a UGC Sponsored One day National Seminar on “Intellectual Property Rights in Bio-Informatics” organized by Postgraduate Department of Biotechnology, JSS College of Arts, Commerce and Science, Ooty Road, Mysore in Association of Microbiologists of India (AMI) Mysore Chapter, Mysore on 8th November 2012.
- Participated in UGC-Sponsored One day State Level Seminar on “Future Prospects of Agricultural Biotechnology” on 30th January 2013 organized by the Departments of Bt.B.M, SBRR Mahajana First Grade College, Jayalakshmipuram, Mysore-12.
- Participated in Three day workshop on FEEL Teacher training programme organised by Mahajana College under CPE(UGC) 16-03-2013 to 18-03-2013.
- Participated in UGC-CPE Sponsored One Day National Level Workshop on “Modern Trends in Research Methodology Part II” Organized by the Research Cell of SBRR Mahajana First Grade College, Mysore on 16th April 2013.
- Participated In UGC Sponsored Workshop on “Applications of SPSS on Research Data Analysis” organized by Research Cell of SBRR Mahajana First Grade College, Mysore on 04th Mar 2014.
- Participated in UGC Sponsored One Day National Level seminar on “Current Scenario of Food habits and Inflamatory diseases” on 2nd Jan 15 organized by the DOS in Biotechnology, Biochemistry and Microbiology, PBMMPG centre, a wing of SBRR Mahajana FGC, Mysore.
Association of Microbiologists of India-Mysore Chapter
Any other contribution by the faculty in academics/society
Worked in syllabus framing and modifications in St,Philomenas College (Autonomous), Mysuru as a Member of BOS.
Guided one student under Minor Research Project for students under UGC- CPE grants and published two papers with high impact factor.