Mrs. Shyla.S M.com, M.phil, KSET, NET, (PHD)
24 years of teaching experience in commerce and Business Administration as Assistant Professor at S.B.R.R. Mahajana First Grade College. –1996 – 2001
Head of the department of Business Administration – 2002 – Till date
- Bachelor of Commerce, 1994, University of Mysore –
- Master of Commerce, 1996, University of Mysore – Second Rank
- Master of Philosophy in commerce, 2009 – Sri Venkateshwara University, Tirupati.- First Class
- Cleared UGC-NET and K-SET examination in 2014.
- Member of Board of Studies for J.S.S Autonomous College, Ooty Road, Mysuru in the year 2007-08.
- Member of Board of Examination for BBM, University of Mysore for 2008-09, 2010-11,2013-2014& 2020-21
- Executive member in “GMMA” (Greater Mysore Management association) in the year 2004 to 2006.
- Headed many committees in academic and non-academic activities.
- Inception of “Kaizen” a BBM student forum to develop and enhance communication and leadership skills.
- IQAC & NAAC Coordinator since 2017
Seminars, Conferences and Workshops attended:
- Attended the national seminar on “Management of higher Education: Issues and challenges” – conducted in 2003 by B.N. Bahadur Institute of management Sciences, Manasagangothri, Mysuru.
- Participated as a delegate in the National seminar on “Indian Economy in the WTO Era: The Challenges ahead” – conducted in 2003 by SBRR Mahajana First Grade College, Mysuru.
- Participated in the National seminar on “Consumer Protection in India” – conducted in 2003 by Vidyavardhaka First Grade College, Mysuru.
- Participated as a delegate in the UGC Co-sponsored National seminar on “Autonomy for Collages: New Dimensions” – conducted in 2004 by SBRR Mahajana First Grade College, Mysuru.
- Participated in the workshop on “Effective teaching” – conducted in 2004 by Department of Education, District task force, Mysore.
- Participated in one day state level workshop on “Communication in Business Environment” – conducted in 2005 by Basudev Somani College, Mysuru.
- Participated as a delegate in the NAAC sponsored State level Workshop on “Institutional Best Practices: Post Accreditation period” – conducted in 2005 by SBRR Mahajana First Grade College, Mysuru.
- NAAC sponsored State Level workshop on “Accreditation: New Methodology” organized by SBRR Mahajana FGC, Mysuru during August 2009.
- Participated in “Faculty Development Programme” organized by SBRR Mahajana First Grade College on 14th May 2011, Mysuru.
- Participated in Workshop on “Grammar and the Teaching of Grammar “Organized by Department of English in Collaboration with Nehru Memorial College, Sullia held on 16th February 2012, Mysuru.
- Participated in Two Day State Level Conference on” Achieving Organizational Excellence through Business Education- Issues and Challenges” jointly organized by Federation of Teachers Councils of Commerce and Management in Karnataka Mysore University commerce and Management Teachers Forum Department of Studies in commerce B N Bahadur Institute of Management Sciences, Manasagangotri, University of Mysore, on 17th & 18th February 2012 , Mysuru.
- Participated in “FEEL Teacher” learning and development intervention programme, conducted by college for leadership and human resource development (CLHRD) Mangalore from 16th to 18th march 2013, at Pooja Bhagavat memorial Mahajana P.G. centre, Mysuru, Karnataka.
- Participated in one day National level Workshop on “ Modern Trends in Research Methodology Part – 2” organized by the Research cell, SBRR Mahajana First Grade College, Jayalakshmipuram, Mysuru. Dated – 16/04/2013.
- Participated in International Peace Conference-VI on “Peace & Religion” organized by SBRR Mahajana First Grade College, Jayalakshmipuram, Mysuru from 07/08/2013- 10/08/2013.
- Participated in one day state level Workshop on “ New trends in commerce” organized by the department of commerce, Pooja Bhaghavat post graduate centre, SBRR Mahajana First Grade College, Mysuru. Dated – 27/09/2014
- Attended faculty development programme conducted by IBS Bengaluru on 13th August 2015.
- Participated in One day university Level Workshop on “GST and Customs Duty”, jointly organized by the Department of Commerce & IQAC 12 Jan 2018.
- Participated in One day Workshop on “ Organic farming for Sustainable Development of Agriculture”organized by Department of Environmental Studies, Department of Geography & IQAC -16 Jan-2018
- Participated in One day State level Workshop on “Emerging trends in Research” Jointly organized by Department of History, Library, Research Cell & IQAC- 15 Feb 2018
- Participated in Two day National conference on “Digital Revolution and Management” organized by the Department of Studies in Business Administrtion, B.N.Bahadur Institute of Management Sciences, University of Mysore,Manasagangothri, Mysuru. 17,18 March 2018.
- Attended Faculty Development Programme on “A Roadmap for Writing Research Articles and Publications” organised by Department of MBA, GSSSIETZ, held on 25th January 2019 Mysuru.
- Participated in the International conference on “New Horizons of Industrial Revolution 4.0” organised by Department of studies in Business Administration,B.N. Bahadur Institute of Management Sciences, held on 29th March 2019 , University of Mysore.
- Participated in the National level workshop on “Quality Research Methodology & Writing, Publishing skills for Researchers” organised by Department of studies in Library and Information Science, University of Mysuru, on 26-27 July 2019.
- Participated in the State level workshop on “Emerging trends in Research” organized by SBRR Mahajana First Grade College, Mysuru, on 7 August 2019.
- Participated in the Faculty Development Programme on “National Educational Policy-2019” organized by Internal Quality Assurance Cell(IQAC), SBRR Mahajana First grade college Mysore on 29th Feb.2020.
- Participated in the National Webinar entitled “Web Content Licensing” organized by Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC), Janki Devi Memorial College on 6th May, 2020.
- Participated in the Webinar Series on “Teaching Learning Tools For The Digital Era” organized by Department of Business Administration from 11th May, 2020 to 16th May, 2020.
- Participated in the National Level Online Faculty Development Programme on “Post Covid-19 – Challenges and Opportunities for Indian Business” held from 13/05/2020 to 19/05/2020 organized by the Department of Commerce, Computer Science and Library and Information Centre, Government First Grade College, Malur, Kolar District, Karnataka.
- Participated in one day online workshop on “How to Catalyze Our Potential in Lockdown and Emotion Focused Therapy” organized by Institute of Management Studies, Davangere University on 23rd May 2020.
- Participated in the two days National level Webinar on “Coping with Covid-19 Teaching and Learning for Professional Excellence: Opportunities and Challenges” organized by Department of Commerce and Management, St Philomena’s College (Autonomous), Mysore on 5th and 6th June 2020.
- Participated in a National Level Webinar titled “Juggling in the Midst of the New Normal” on 17th June 2020 organized by CMS, Jain (Deemed-to-be University).
- Participated in a Webinar presented by NAAC Experts – Prof. Amiya Kumar and Dr. B. S. Ponmudiraj, titled “Quality Research and its output” Paradigm shift in Teaching Pedagogy – Post Covid-19” on 19th June 2020 organized by Jain (Deemed-to-be SUniversity), Bengaluru.
- Participated in the Three Day National Level Hands -On Online Workshop on “Preparing and Writing Quality Research Papers” from 2nd July 2020 to 4th July 2020 organized by Research Cell of PES Institute of Advanced Management studies, Shivmogga, Karnataka.
- participated in the National Level Webinar titled “NAAC-RAF 2020: Issues and Solutions” organized by the Department of Mathematics in Association with the IQAC CARMEL COLLEGE OF ARTS, SCIENCE AND COMMERCE FOR WOMEN Nuvem, Goa on 15th July, 2020.
- Participated in the State level webinar on “Reference Management in Academic Writing” organized by Department of Studies and Research in Library and Information Science, Tumkur University on 24th July 2020.
- Participated in the UGC-HRDC-RUSA& OSMANIA UNIVERSITY Sponsored FIP Online Short Term Course on “Professional Development for IQAC Coordinators” organized from 12.08.2020 tO 19.08.2020.
- Participated in the National Level Webinar titled “NAAC-2020:Revised Accreditation framework for Autonomous Colleges” organized by Internal Quality Assurance Cell(IQAC), SBRR Mahajana First grade college Mysore on 14th Aug 2020.
- Completed One Week Faculty Development Program (FDP) on s‘Online Teaching Tools and E-Content Development’ conducted from 18th to 23rd September 2020 (Six Days) by Internal Quality Assurance Cell(IQAC) University of Mysore.
- Participated in the talk series on “Application of Statistical Techniques in Research: Parametric and Non-parametric Statistics” organized by Association of International Researchers of Indian Origin (AIRIO),Karnataka Chapter on 20th February 2021.
Paper presentations/Articles Published:
- An article titled “Corporate Ethics – An insight” presented and published in Thematics Journal of commerce and management – 30th October 2015 (ISSN 2231-4881)
- Presented a paper on “A Study on Financial Performance of Selected Commercial Banks in India” at the National Colloquium on “Public Private Partnership a viable Synergy for Sustainable Development” held on 7th and 8th of March 2016 at Chennai. ISBN 978-93-85374-40-1
- Presented a paper on “Key factors in Managing Diversity and inclusion successfully in global workplace – A review” at the National Seminar on “Issues and Challenges of Global Workplace- Destination 2020” held on 5th May 2016 at Mysore.
- Presented a paper on “Consumer Online Shopping Behavior – Influence of Online Shopping Behavior – A Review” at International Conference on “Emerging Trends in Marketing” held on 28th October 2016 at SDM IMD, Mysuru.ISBN-978-93
- Participated and presented a paper in One-Day National Level Seminar on “Emerging Perspectives in HR, Marketing and Finance”, titled “Happiness and well being: An analytical study” organized by the PG Departments of Commerce and Management, Maharani’s Women’s Commerce and Management College, held on 16th march 2019, Mysuru.
- Participated and presented a paper at the 12th National women’s Science Congress titled “A critical analysis of women empowerment in India” held at Pooja Bhagavath Mahajana post Graduation centre, Mysore on 7-9th November 2019.
- Participated and presented a paper at the 8th International Conference on Managing Human Resource at the workplace titled “Engaged Employee: An Organization’s Pride”. Organized by SDM-IMD Mysuru on 6-7 December 2019.
- Published a research article titled “Happiness and Technology with reference to Digital Technology and Internet” in DRSR journal ISSN NO: 2347-7180 UGC CARE GROUP I JOURNAL in August 2020.
- Published a research article titled “Workplace Happiness and influencing factors-A review of literature” in JETIR journal ISSN NO: 2349-5162 in March 2021.
Management fests conducted:
- Key role in State level management fest “BIZINURE” conducted in the year 2002.
- Headed the National level management fest “COGNIZANCE” in the year 2004, 2006, 2008 and 2011.
- Core committee member in the National Level Fest “MAHAM-2020”