Sri. L. Ravi
- Highly skilled, creative, communications, and journalism professional with a broad range of experience encompassing:
- Department Management
- Teaching and Counselling
- Media & Public Relations
- Reporting in all Fields.
- Publicity & Promotions
- Crisis Communications
- Social Media
- Reporting / News Writing / Interviewing / Storytelling Skills
- Excellent oral and written communication, presentation.
- A progressive and deep thinker with excellent analytical skills possesses4 years experience as HOD & Asst. Professor in Communication and Journalism.
- 20+ years experience as a Designer, Typesetter (DTP) and Journalist.
- Excellent in covering the real time news and in presenting them.
- Proficient in working in shifts and to work in 24X7 work environment.
- Ability to investigate the things deeply with Mobile and E-Journalism.
- Creativity in Pagination and Advertising and Designing
- Good Knowledge and Experience of technical concepts.
- Ability to work in team and as well as individual.
- Quick Learner, Confident, Punctual & Hard worker.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES HANDLED
|· Covering a range of areas for the development of Academic Excellence.
· Skilled and Practical teaching — Communication and Journalism / Photo Journalism / Computer Applications like Coreldraw, Adobe PageMaker, Adobe Photoshop, Indesign and Quarkexpress.
· Ability to prepare syllabus, deliver lecture, and hold group conversation on related-topic with students
· Using technology in teaching, and publishing study-related materials on college website
· Preparing and giving lectures, as well as grading papers and test
· Contributed in the enhancement of college reputation and improved student life
· Assisted students in completing thesis and career development
· Created excellent content for press releases, newsletters, Newspapers, Magazines, Projects, Posters, Brochures, Invitations, Advertisements.
· Prepared, submitted press material that was precise and effectively conveyed the message to Press.
· Implemented communications and messaging strategies, campaign boundary lines &promotional programs.
· Produced editorial content
· Published content for electronic media
· Coordinated photo shoots / Short films.
· Demonstrated ability as a journalist, news reporter, columnist
· Presenting them in front of cameras.
· Taking the interview of special guests in front of camera.
· Presenting the actual report in case of live telecast.
· Managing the documents of report.
· Handling the students to making news more knowledgeable in Media.
· Understanding the situation and handling all jobs related duties in Media.
Joint Secretary, Kannada Janapada Sahitya Parishat, Mysore Division, Mysore
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE / EMPLOYERS
Worked as a freelance writer and Publication Designer in KARNATAKA OPEN SCHOOL from 2000 – 2005
- Started Media Centre and Advertising Agency and Computer Coaching Centre from 2006-2012
- Worked as Assistant Professor & Head in JSS College of Arts, Commerce & Science, Mysore from 2013-14
- Worked as Assistant Professor & Head in JSS College for Women, Mysore from 2013- June 2019.
- Working as Assistant Professor & Head in SBRR Mahajana’s First Grade College, Mysore from July 2019 onwards.
- MA in Mass Communication and Journalism
- Bachelor Degree in Library Information Science (B.L.I.Sc.)
- English Typing Senior – 90 WPM
- Kannada Typing Senior – 90 WPM
- English Short-hand Junior – 45 WPM
- Diploma in Computer Science Applications and Hardware
COMPUTER APPLICATION SKILLS
- Microsoft Office
- Adobe PageMaker,
- Quark Express
- Proficient in HTML and Search Engine Optimization
- Photography and Camera Techniques.
SUBJECT TAUGHT IN COMMUNICATION AND JOURNALISM
- Communication and Journalism
- Photo Journalism
- Public Relations and Advertising
- Media Laws and Ethics
- Audio-Visual Communication
- Reporting and Editing
- Feature, Article. Column and News writing.
- Report and Feature Writing and Editing Techniques
- Field Assignment, Internship
- Computer Lab Practical like Pagemaker, Indesign, Coreldraw, Quarke Express, Photoshop etc
EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
- Attended National, State and University Level Seminars, Workshops, Orientation Programmes and Special Lectures on various subjects Organized by the college as well other Institutions, Universities and Organizations.
- Member of Academic Council and Chairperson of BOE and BOS.
- Conducting Special Lectures, Workshops, Seminars
- Bring out the skillful activities such as Newsletters, Poster and PowerPoint presentations, wall magazines etc.
- Participated various programmes conducted by Press Club and Press Association, Mysore and Bengaluru.