Qualification: M.A, M.Phil & PGDGC
Courses /Subject Taught: General Psychology, Cognitive Psychology, Social Psychology, Biological Psychology, Clinical Psychology, Personality Psychology, Child Psychology, Research Methodology, Health Psychology, Organizational Behavior & Psychometrics.
Teaching & Research experience:
Teaching : 10 Years
Research : 8 Years
Research Interest: Emotional Intelligence, Adolescent Behavior, Life Skills, Self-Injurious Behavior, Mindfulness, Employability skills and Career Counselling.
Research and Publication:Research papers Publication– In Progress
|Name of the Journal||Paper Titled||Year of Submission|
|National Journal – Indian Association of Applied Psychology(IAAP)||“Career guidance and Counselling for students with disability”||
Seminar/ conference paper presentation: State/National/International
Seminars/ Workshops/ Conferences
Smt .Sujata .M, Asst. Professor &HoD – Has presented a papers on:
- “Career guidance and Counselling for students with disability” in the National Seminar organized by the Dept. of Psychology, Christ University, Bangalore,19th Dec 2016.
- “Awareness of Employability Skills among College Students” at the International Conference – “Development Research Foundation” organized by the Jnanodaya Educational Society, in collaboration with University Putra Malaysia, CIRD Business School, Bangalore, University of Tehran, Iran, on 24th May 2014.
- Co-Authored a Paper on Self Injurious Behavior among Adolescents, Mysore December 2014 and this paper was presented at the National Conference Organized by Maharani’s Govt. Science College, Bangalore Karnataka.
- Co-Authored a Paper on “Parental Expectations and its Impact on Self Concept of Adolescents” Mysore, January 2015, the SDM college Ujjre, Dharmasthala, Karnataka.
- Has presented a paper on “Awareness of Employability Skills” at the 15th International Conference, on Life Skills, organized by the IAAP – Indian Academyof Applied Psychology, held at the Dept. of studies in Psychology, University of Mysore, on 4th, 5th and 6th of February 2011.
|1.)||Have been guiding students of the IDGC (International Diploma in Guidance &Counselling) course conducted by the NCERT-RIE, Mysore in their Internship Projects.
|2.)||Guiding students of UG level for the last 8 years in their Minor Research Project in Psychology.|
Seminars /Workshops Organized or conducted
- Organized Conferences:
- A State Level Conference on “Positive Psychology – A Road to Wellbeing”, 2011, in the college.
- A State Level Conference on “Mind Power – 2010” in the College.
- Orientation programmes for school and college students, on various aspects like Personality Development, Time Management, Improving Study Habits and Dealing with Exam Anxiety.
- Conducted awareness programmes on several socio-psychological aspects – Suicide prevention, Need for Counselling, Resilience – the Inner Engineering.
- Has conducted an awareness programme against child sexual abuse, for the school children at the summer camp organized on 20th May 2014, by the SBRR Mahajana First grade College, Mysore.
- Has organized and conducted an outreach programme on “Counselling – The Role of Teacher as a facilitator” for the Teachers was organized in the College, on 25th October 2013, and the technical session on counseling was handled by Smt. Sujata.M, HoD, Dept. of Psychology, SBRR MFGC.
Seminar/conference workshop/FDP attended by the faculty(other than paper presented) State/National/International
- Has participated in the National Conference on Guidance &Counselling-Emerging Trends in India, RIE, NCERT, Mysore, Nov-2016.
- Has participated in a workshop on “Self – Injurious Behavior” among Adolescents, on 6th September 2014, at NIMHANS
- Has participated in the “International Symposium- Forensic Clinical Psychology an Emerging profession in India”, organized by the TNACP- Tamil Nadu Association of Clinical Psychologists, at Chennai, on 10th & 11th September 2011.
- Has participated in the National Conference, on “Peace and Conflict Resolution” Feb 2009 organized by the Christ University, Bangalore.
- Attended a One- Day workshop on dealing with “Mentally Gifted Children”, 2004, organized by the Dept. of Psychology & Parapsychology, Andhra University.
- Attended anNationlal Level CME programme on “Memory organized by the Physiology Department of Mysore Medical College” 2009.
- Has also attended a two week Training Programme, Project Genesis- Analytical Skills organized by the Infosys, June 2008 Mysore.
Training or Consultancy Offered:
- Convener of the HRD-III Global Skills Enhancement Programme-Project Genesis Infosys, Mysoreand has been Training UG students since 2010 on Employability skills with special focus on Analytical skills.
Ø Has been rendering Counselling services in the college for the last six years to College students, Staff, students from other sister institutions of Mahajana family and the service has also been extend to the society at largean outreach service for the last Nine years.
- Invited as resource person on Life Skills, Self- Enhancement trainer, by renowned schools and colleges.
- Conducted contact classes for KSOU, Second and Final year under graduate students.
Membership of professional bodies (if any)
- Member of NAOP – National Association of Psychology (India)
- Member of APA – The American Psychological Association
- Member of Board of Examination – University of Mysore.
Ø Member of the Board of Studies – University of Mysore.
Awards received (if any)
Any other contribution by the faculty in academics/society:
- As a member of the College’s accreditation committee she facilitated the compilation of NACC Report 2014-15.
- Facilitated the College in acquiring the Autonomous status 2017.
- Edited & released Wall Journals on various socio psychological issues through the Public Education Programme of the College in the interest of students and common Public.