The recent decade has recorded several milestones being achieved by the college. Following is a brief summary of some of those events by the college, students and teachers.
- NAAC Accreditation (II Cycle) with A grade
- First indigenously produced Mandara published - digitized version released
- College adopts a new Emblem
- UGC confers College with Potential for Excellence status
- Staff Self Help Group introduced
- Campus Co-operative introduced
- Rangers and Rovers introduced
- Research Centre in Life Science setup
- Student Self Help Group Launched
- Best Institution Award for Karnataka & Goa Directorate, NCC
- Artillery NCC Unit commissioned
- College takes part in International Education Fair, Dubai (UAE)
- Community College Under UGC
- “Mandara” secures 1stprize at University level
- NAAC Accreditation (III cycle) with A Grade
- Launch of Newsletters - Muses, Spoorthi, Kadamba, Career Bulletin, Kautilya
- Visit of Prof. Muhammad Yunus, Nobel Peace Prize Laureate
- Air Wing NCC Unit commissioned
- Selection of Student Self Help Social Business Groups (SSH SBGs) to
- Erasmus + programme of European Commission
- UGC confers College with Potential for Excellence - Phase II status
- Active Career Guidance and Placement Cell
- Pioneers in the development of curriculum for incorporating NCC and NSS as academic disciplines.
Success is an exemplification of the constant high quality education and environment provided to students to excel in academics. Since its inception, the college has been securing good results. A total number of 75 students have decorated the Roll of Honour by securing ranks declared by the University of Mysore since 1987-88. The University of Mysore has done away with the practice of announcing ranks since 2006-07. At the PG level, 82 ranks, 15 gold medals and 7 Cash prizes were secured by the students.
In addition, they have also recorded many achievements in the field of sports, social service, outreach, engagements, co-curricular competitions, literature, culture and other fields. The most prominent being Bhumika and Yogendra at PM’s Rally (2016 and 2017), Ullas as Best NSS Volunteer (2016)…
They have recorded good academic programs over the years. During the previous decade 38 have been awarded with Ph.D’s, 32 M.Phil’s, 31 NET, 26 KSET. They have also groomed students in leadership development under the unique Governance Model, the Student Parliament developed by the college. ASIC stands for Administration, Student Support, Institution Support and Co-curricular Support which provide platform for the student representatives to enhance their leadership abilities. All students have undertaken one or the other activity under this. The model works as “One Additional Responsibility – One Additional Opportunity” for the faculty and students as well. Teachers have groomed a meaningful academic ambience in our campuses.
The Education Report brought out by the college ever since 2010, has documented all these in clear terms through classified data and pictures also it has received immense appreciation from many scholars and educationists.