Courses /Subject Taught: English Language and Optional
Teaching & Research experience : 16 years
Research Interest: Indian Writing in English, Historical Fiction and Cli-fi
Research and Publication: Research papers/ books/chapter contribution: State/National/International
Seminar/ conference paper presentation: State/National/International
- Incidental Acquisition of Vocabulary through Things Fall Apart at a Seminar on Using Literary Text in English Language Class Rooms organized by BOS (UG, PG) University of Mysore on 6th and 7th April 2017.
- Presented teaching material on the poems ‘Night of the Scorpion’, ‘Refugee Blues’ and Song to Celia’ at a Workshop on Texting the Canon: a Workshop for Teachers on Under Graduate English Text at BoS in English (UG – University of Mysore) on 30.10.2014 and 01.11.2014.
- Trauma in the Genre of Partition Fiction of the Indian Subcontinent at International Conference on the topic: Post Colonial Voices in South Asian Literatures and Cinemas organized by the Department of Languages, Garden City College, Bangalore on 7th and 8th February 2014.
- Multiculturalism- A study of Khalid Hosseni’s fiction at International Conference on the topic: Recent Trends in Literature: A Global Perspective organized by the Department of Languages, Garden City College, Bangalore on 27th and 28th January 2012.
- Beyond the Borders: The growth of Political Consciousness in Cheguevara through a Reading of the Motor Cycle Diaries at International Seminar on English Literature- Changing Worlds: Reviewing and Reinventing Literature and Culture organized by the Post Graduate Department of English , Catholicate College, Pathanamthitta on 23rd January and 24th January 2012.
Seminar/conference workshop organized as coordinator/ organizer etc., (if any) Institutional/State/National/International
Seminar/conference workshop/FDP attended by the faculty(other than paper presented) State/National/International
Seminars, Workshops & Conferences:
- Participated in one day State Level Seminar on Challenges of teaching English at Under Graduate Level organized by SDM College, Mysuru on 31st January, 2017.
- Delegate at the Quarter centenary Celebrations of William Shakespeare organized by Dhvanyaloka on 13 March 2016.
- Delegate at the Dhvanyaloka Shakespeare festival organized by Dhvanyaloka on 11 and 12 October 2014
- Two- National Seminar on Applying Feminist Theories in the Teaching of Literary Texts in English organized by St Philomena’s College, Mysore on 23rd March 2013.
- Two -day seminar on Higher Education, cultures and Literatures: Canada and India, organized by Centre of Canadian Studies, University of Mysore in collaboration with Indian Association for Canadian Studies, Vadodara and Planning Commission of India Endowment Chair, UOM on 30th November 2012 and December 1st
- One-day Seminar Shakespeare Festival organized by St Philomena’s College, Mysore on 25th February 2012
- One-day Workshop on Grammar and Teaching of Grammar organized by Department of English, SBRR Mahajana First Grade College, Mysore in collaboration with Nehru Memorial College, Sulia on 16th February 2012
- Two-day Seminar on Translation – Problems and Mediation by JSS College for Women, Mysore on 29th and 30th December 2011
- Two-day International seminar on Holocaust Literature: Memories and Losses organized by PES College of Arts, Science and Commerce, Mandya in association with Department of studies in English, Manasagangothri, Mysore on 23rd September 2011 and 24th September 2011
Any other contribution by the faculty in academics/society
- Delivered special lectures pertaining to optional English syllabus at different colleges.
- Worked as convenor Weekly Assembly, Press and Publication, College Diary, HRD II and previously YSSC.
- Certified spoken English trainer (Project genesis / CLHRD)