Dr. Pushparani P G
Qualification: M.A., NET, Ph.D., M.Phil., B.Ed.
Courses /Subject Taught: BA: Principles of Micro Economics, Principles of Macro Economics, Indian Economy, Economics of Development, International Trade, Tourism Economics etc
Teaching & Research experience:Teaching: 5 years
Research: 7 years
Research Interest: Related to Economics
Research and Publication:Research papers/ books/chapter contribution: State/National/International
- Published a paper entitled “Re-Visioning of the Watershed Development Programmes in India” (ISSN 2348-1919, Impact Factor: 0.746) in an International Journal of Management and Social Development, Vol.2,No. 10,November 2015.
- Published a paper entitled “Watershed Development under various watershed development programmes – A field level realities” (ISSN – 2231 – 0991) in Journal of Development and Social Change, Vol. XII: No. 1&2, Jan. 2016.
Funded Research Project: Ongoing: Minor Research Project funded by UGC
- Undertaken a Minor Research Project in sciences for the project entitled “An evaluation of Sujala watershed programme- A case study in Tumakuru District” under UGC – MRP/15-16/KAMY008/UGC-SWRO.
Seminar/ conference paper presentation: State/National/International
- Underwent a ‘FEEL Teacher’ Learning and Development Intervention, conducted from 16 through 18 March 2013, at Mahajana P.G. Center, Mysore, Karnataka.
- Participated in training cum workshop on ‘Education: Gurukul to Global’ held at SBRR Mahajana First Grade College, Mysore on 23rd March 2013.
- Has participated in UGC-CPE sponsored One-day National Level Workshop on “Modern Trends in Research Methodology Part – II” held on 16th April 2013, organized by the Research Cell, SBRR Mahajana First Grade College, Mysore.
- Has attended Orientation to HRD and Leadership, from 13 through 16 May 2013 at CLHRD, A Unit of AIM INSIGHTS, The HRD Group, Valencia, Mangalore.
- Has attended Facilitator Certification in HRD, from17 through 22 May 2013 at CLHRD, A Unit of AIM INSIGHTS, The HRD Group, Valencia, Mangalore.
- As a Co-ordinator of BHRD, A Composite Graduate Programme, successfully completed classes for First Batch Sem One and Sem Two students of BHRD Course.
- Has participated as a Resource Person for ‘FEEL Employable’ Learning and Development Intervention, from 01 through 03 July 2013 at Kamaraj College of Engineering and Technology, Virudhunagar Tamil Nadu.
- As a Co-ordinator of BHRD, A Composite Graduate Programme, successfully running Second Batch BHRD Course.
- Being a convener of One India One People Club, on the account of Platinum Jubilee Celebration of Mahajana Education Society and Peace conference successfully conducted Inter-School and Inter-College competitions.
- Has attended one day workshop for Degree College Aided Faculties of UoM, organized by J D Office at D Banumaiah Degree College, Mysore, during the academic year 2012-13.
- Participated as a Resource Person for ‘FEEL Employable’ Learning and Development Intervention, from 01 through 03 July 2013 at Kamaraj College of Engineering and Technology, Virudhunagar Tamil Nadu.
- Being a convener of One India One People Club, on account Peace conference-VI successfully conducted Inter-School and Inter-College Drawing & Painting, Essay writing, Singing and Elocution competitions on 4th and 5th August 2013.
- As a Coordinator of BHRD- A Composite Graduate Programme , successfully completed classes for first batch Sem Two and second batch Sem One students of BHRD Course
- Participated as a Resource Person for ‘FEEL Employable’ Learning and Development Intervention, from 29 through 31 January 2014 at SBRR Mahajana First Grade College, Mysore.
- Completed Master Facilitator in Leadership & HRD Sem One- Orientation to HRD & Leadership and awarded “FC in HRD” at 22nd Convocation of CLHRD, Mangalore on 01 February 2014.
- Provided proper Facilitation for BHRD students to award BHRD JUNIOUR DEGREE, from CLHRD Mangalore on 01 February 2014.
- As a member of Human Rights Cell, visited Mahajana Girls Hostel, VV Mohalla, Mysore and had an interaction with students regarding “ Rules and Regulations of Anti-Ragging” on February 2014.
- Participated as a Resource Person for ‘FEEL Employable’ Learning and Development Intervention, from 20 through 22 February 2014 at Siddaganga Institute of Technology, Tumkur, Karnataka.
- Participated in UGC-CPE sponsored One-day National Level Workshop on “Applications of SPSS in Researce Data Analysis” held on 4th March 2014, organized by the Research Cell, SBRR Mahajana First Grade College, Mysore and PG Dept. of Statistics, UoM, Manasagangothri, Mysore at SBRR Mahajana First Grade College, Mysore.
- As an Assistant NSS Officer successfully participated in Annual NSS camp organized by our college at “Ankegowda Pusthaka Mane” Pandavapura, Mandya from 24 through 30 March 2014.
- As a Presiding Officer successfully done the election duty of “Lokasabha Election 2014” on 17th April 2014.
- Being a convener of One India One People Club, successfully sent the students to participate in “Viveka Yuvachethana Shibira” from 26th to 28th Jan 2014 at Ramakrishna Ashrama, Mysore.
- Being a convener of One India One People Club, successfully sent the students to participate in “Viveka Bharatha Darshana- National Youth Convention” at Kolkatta, West Bengal on 26th January to 3rd February 2014.
- Participated and delivered a talk on “Development Programmes and Role of PRI’s and Increasing Women’s Role in Decision Making at all Levels” on 26th August 2014, in a Two – day Capacity Building Programming and Budgeting at St.Agnes College, Mangalore.
- Attended a special talk along with a team of 30 students of III BA class in Gopal Swamy PU College on 17 Oct.2014 Prof. B M Kumara Swami was the Speaker and spoke about ‘Kulanthari Aahara- Varavo Athava Shapavo’(Genetically Modified Food- Boon or Bane).
- Visited Coin and Currency Exhibition on 23 Jan.2015 along with the Students of Final BA and BBM held in BSNL Office.
- Participated and Presented a paper entitled “ Value Education provides us the platform to success ” in an International conference on Inclusive Education – Perspective and Challenges held on 6th & 7th March 2015, organized by the Dept. of studies in Education, KSOU, Mysore.
- Participated in National seminar on “Swadeshi- The Royal path for world welfare” organized by KSOU, Mysuru on 3rd and 4th October 2015.
Research output: Guidance for M.Phil7 PhD (if any) -NA-
Training or Consultancy Offered: Being an associate NCC officer with rank of FLYING OFFICER training the NCC Air Wing Cadets of the College
Awards received (if any)
- Awarded with Doctoral of Philosophy in Economics from the University of Mysore
- Awarded with rank of Flying Officer from NCC Air Wing.